CHILDS FARM is one of my go-to skincare brands. I use their products for all 3 of my little’s. As a staunch believer in SPF all year round ESPECIALLY during our warmer months it was a no brainer to try out their sunscreen range.
I’m personally a big advocate of sunscreens as they’re both safe and very effective. That’s why Childs Farm sun protection products don’t contain parabens, SLSs, mineral oils, artificial colours or anything that might make sensitive skin flare up.
WHAT’S THE BEST SUNSCREEN FOR YOU?
Any which is used on your body! But on a serious note, if you’re hesitant and unsure which to try Childs Farm has you covered – be it cream, roll on lotion or spray.
FINDING A SAFE AND EFFECTIVE SUNSCREEN
Childs Farm 50+ SPF sun cream 125ml – RSP: R238.14
Childs Farm 50+ SPF roll on lotion 70ml – RSP: R197.74
Childs Farm 50+ SPF sun spray 125ml – RSP: R238.14
Childs Farm After Sun 125ml – RSP: R111.42
Childs Farm 30 SPF sun cream 125ml – RSP: R238.14
Childs Farm 30 SPF sun spray 125ml – RSP: R238.14
UNDERSTAND SUN PROTECTION FACTOR
Studies over the years have shown that sun protection factors and actual protection percentage from ultraviolet rays don’t go hand in hand: SPF 60 is not double the protection of SPF 30. SPF15 means ~93% of UV rays are blocked, SPF30 blocks 97% and SPF50 98%.
You also need to check that your sunscreen has both UVA and UVB rating. If your sunscreen says it’s “Broad Spectrum”, it means the product offers both UVA and UVB protection.
KNOW THE 5 W’S OF SUNSCREEN
- WHO: Everyone under the sun
- WHAT: Broad spectrum SPF 15 or higher; SPF 30 or higher for a day outdoors
- WHEN: Every day; 30 minutes prior to going outdoors. Reapply every two hours
- WHERE: All exposed skin
- WHY: Reduce your risk of skin damage and skin cancer!
SUN CREAM CHECKLIST
Childs Farm dermatologist Dr Jennifer Crawley gives her top tips on keeping your children safe in the sun.
1. “Apply sun cream 20 to 30 minutes before going outside.”
2. “Make sure you’re applying enough sun cream – don’t skimp on it.”
3. “Don’t forget to put sun cream on those hidden places like behind the ears, and on the neck, shoulders and tops of feet.”
4. “Reapply every couple of hours – people often forget to do this – and always after swimming.”
CONSTANTLY REMINDING OUR KIDS AND FAMILY IS CRUCIAL
5. “Try to stay out of the sun in the hottest part of the day, between 11 and 3 o’clock.”
6. “Dress your little one in a sun hat, sunglasses and loose, breathable clothing.”
Childs Farm new formulation SPF 30 & 50+ sun cream for very high protection, is water resistant and protects young and sensitive skin from UVA and UVB rays, whilst keeping skin moisturized and hydrated. So you can relax while your children enjoy the sun safely.
APPROVED BY DOCTORS, LOVED BY BABIES
Suitable for babies and upwards. Dermatologist and paediatrician approved as suitable for sensitive skin and safe for people who may be prone to eczema. Childs Farm has no fragrance and is registered with The Vegan Society!
Thank you to Childs Farm and Freebees PR & Marketing for sending me these products to try!